Are you looking for a place to stay for your next vacation? There are many different types of resorts to choose from, so it can be tricky to decide which one is right for you.
To help you out, we’ve compiled a list of the different types of resorts and what they have to offer, as well as the respective pros and cons of staying at each one of them.
Keep reading to learn more about the different types of resorts and find the perfect one for your next vacation.
15 Different Types of Resorts
1. All-inclusive Resorts
An all-inclusive resort is a hotel resort where the guests are provided with everything they need during their stay such as food, lodging, activities, and entertainment, and they do not have to pay extra for any services or activities.
All-inclusive resorts are found in destinations all around the world, from tropical beaches to ski slopes, and there are hundreds of them in the USA, each offering a different experience. Some common types of all-inclusive resorts include family-friendly resorts, adult-only resorts, and luxury resorts.
People usually go to all-inclusive resorts because they want to have a stress-free vacation where they do not have to worry about anything. They love being able to enjoy all of the activities and services that the resort has to offer without having to worry about paying for them.
Families with children often choose all-inclusive resorts because they offer a wide variety of activities and facilities for kids, such as babysitting services, kids’ clubs, and children’s pools.
The all-inclusive package can also be customized to include premium services like spa treatments and golf lessons.
Pros of Staying in All Inclusive Resorts Include:
- You can relax and feel like a VIP because you do not have to worry about carrying any cash or credit cards around with you.
- These resorts often offer a wide range of activities and amenities, so you can find something to suit everyone in your group.
- All-inclusive resorts are often located in beautiful destinations, you can then enjoy a stunning setting while on vacation.
- All-inclusive resorts can be a great option if you’re traveling with young children, as they often offer childcare and other kid-friendly amenities.
- These resorts typically offer great value for your money.
Cons of All-inclusive Resorts Include:
- The quality of the food and drinks can sometimes be lower than what you would find in a restaurant or bar outside of the resort.
- You may feel like you are trapped at the resort because you have already paid for everything upfront.
- If you want to leave the resort to explore the area, you may have to pay for transportation.
2. Adventure Resorts
An “adventure resort” is a destination where people can experience unique and exciting activities, usually in a natural setting. Adventure resorts are becoming increasingly popular, as they offer travelers a chance to get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life and explore new places.
There are many different types of adventure resorts, from those that offer adrenaline-pumping activities like zip-lining, skiing, and rock climbing, to those that offer more relaxed activities like hiking and kayaking. Adventure resorts can be found all over the United States, in both rural and urban areas.
People usually go to adventure resorts to get away from the everyday grind and experience something new. They often love the feeling of being in nature and the opportunity to try new things. Adventure resorts offer a variety of activities for families with children, from hiking and camping to zip lining and rafting.
Pros of staying at an adventure resort:
- adventure resorts offer a wide variety of activities for guests to enjoy
- they are usually located in beautiful natural settings
- they provide a chance for people to get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life
Cons of staying at an adventure resort:
- they can be more expensive than other types of vacation destinations
- some people may not enjoy the rugged or outdoor setting
- the activities offered may not be suitable for everyone in the family
3. Beach Resorts
Beach resorts are resorts that are located on the beach, or near the beach. They can differ from other types of resorts in terms of the activities and amenities that are available. In fact, beach resorts typically have a wide range of them, including swimming, sunbathing, and water sports. They usually also have restaurants, a spa, a fitness center, and other entertainment options.
Many beach resorts also offer activities for families with children, such as kid-friendly pools, playgrounds, and babysitting services.
In short, people love staying at beach resorts because they offer a convenient way to enjoy the beach and the warm weather.
Pros of staying at a beach resort:
- The beach is right there! You don’t have to go far to enjoy the sun and sand.
- Many beach resorts have pools, so even if the beach is too crowded or the weather is not ideal, you can still enjoy the water.
- Beach resorts usually have a lot of activities for guests to enjoy, from water sports to evening entertainment.
- The food at beach resorts is often quite good, as they cater to a lot of international guests.
Cons of staying at a beach resort:
- They can be quite expensive. If you’re not careful, you can easily spend a lot of money on meals, drinks, and activities.
- Another downside is that beach resorts can be quite crowded, so it can be hard to find a quiet spot to relax.
4. Eco-friendly Resorts
Eco-friendly resorts are those that are designed and operated with the environment in mind. These resorts often use sustainable practices, such as using recycled materials, renewable energy, or investing in energy-efficient technologies. Many eco-friendly resorts also focus on providing educational opportunities for guests to learn about environmental conservation.
Activities and amenities vary depending on the resort but can include things like hiking, biking, kayaking, bird watching, and outdoor yoga. Many eco resorts also have organic gardens, farm-to-table dining, and educational opportunities about sustainability.
People love these green resorts because they offer a unique opportunity to connect with nature and learn about sustainability.
Families with children can enjoy many of the same activities and amenities as other guests, with the added bonus of being able to teach their kids about the importance of protecting the environment.
Pros of staying at an eco-friendly resort:
- Reduced environmental impact: By staying at an eco-friendly resort, you can help reduce your overall environmental impact while on vacation. This is because these resorts often implement sustainable practices, such as using renewable energy sources and recycled materials.
- Conservation of resources: Eco-friendly resorts often take measures to conserve resources, such as water and energy. This can help to preserve the environment.
- Improved air quality: Staying at an eco-friendly resort can also help improve the air quality in the area. This is because these resorts often use green building practices, such as proper ventilation and insulation, to improve indoor air quality and reduce CO2 emissions.
- Increased wildlife sightings: Eco-friendly resorts are often located in areas with abundant wildlife. This can provide you with the opportunity to see animals that you may not have the chance to see otherwise.
- Peace of mind: Knowing that you are helping to preserve the environment can give you peace of mind while on vacation.
Cons of staying at an eco-friendly resort:
- Many eco-friendly resorts are located in remote areas, which can be difficult to reach.
- They can also be expensive, as they often cater to a luxury market.
- Eco-friendly resorts may not have all the amenities and activities that a standard resort would offer.
- They may also be less comfortable, as they often use recycled or natural materials.
- Finally, eco-friendly resorts may be less reliable, as they are often small and independently owned.
5. Family Resorts
Family resorts are vacation destinations that cater to families with children. They typically offer child-friendly activities and amenities such as kids’ clubs, babysitting services, and family-sized accommodations. In short, family resorts differ from other types of resorts in that they are designed specifically with families in mind.
Activities and amenities at family resorts may include swimming pools, playgrounds, kid-friendly dining options, and family-oriented entertainment. Some family resorts may also offer special activities and amenities for families with children, such as kids’ clubs, babysitting services, and family-sized accommodations.
Pros of staying at a family resort:
- The resort is designed with families in mind, so there are plenty of activities to keep everyone entertained
- There are usually plenty of other families staying at the resort, so kids can make new friends
- Resorts often have kid-friendly restaurants and menus
- There are usually babysitting services available so parents can enjoy some time to themselves
- Family resorts are often located in beautiful locations, so families can enjoy the scenery and the outdoors
- Family resorts often offer discounts for families with multiple children.
Cons of staying at a family resort:
- Cost: Family resorts can be quite expensive, especially if you are looking for a high-end resort.
- Noise level: Family resorts can be quite loud, especially if there are a lot of children staying at the resort.
- Food: Family resorts often have buffet-style dining, which can be quite unhealthy.
- The lack of privacy: Family resorts can be quite crowded, and you may not have a lot of privacy.
- The location: Family resorts are often located in remote areas, which can be quite inconvenient if you don’t have a car or if you want to explore the area.
6. Golf Resorts
A golf resort is a resort dedicated to the sport of golf, with one or more golf courses and other amenities such as lodging, dining, and recreation. Some golf resorts also offer other activities such as tennis, spa services, and hiking. Some golf resorts also offer child care and other activities specifically for families.
The main difference between a golf resort and other types of resorts, you guessed it, is that a golf resort is focused on the sport of golf. Other types of resorts may offer golf as one of many activities, but a golf resort will have multiple golf courses and other amenities specifically for golfers.
People love staying at golf resorts because they offer a relaxed atmosphere where people can enjoy the sport of golf and meet other like-minded golfers.
Pros of staying at a golf resort:
- Peaceful Setting: Seeking a respite from the hustle and bustle of city life? You’ll find it at a golf resort. Whether it’s located in the countryside or in the desert, these resorts provide a peaceful setting in which to relax and reset.
- Access to World-Class Courses: If you’re looking to improve your game or just enjoy playing at some of the world’s most beautiful courses, you’ll find plenty of options at a golf resort. From legendary masters courses to desert oases, you’ll be able to play to your heart’s content.
- Luxurious Accommodations: Golf resorts are known for their luxurious accommodations, which are perfect for those who want to be pampered on their vacation. From 5-star hotels to private villas, you’ll be able to find the perfect place to rest your head after a long day on the course.
- Fine Dining: Golf resorts are also home to some of the best restaurants in the hotel industry. Whether you’re looking for a casual place to grab a bite or a fine dining experience, you’ll be able to find it at a golf resort.
- Activities for Non-Golfers: If you’re traveling with someone who doesn’t golf, don’t worry – there are plenty of activities for them to enjoy at a golf resort as well. From spa treatments and shopping to hiking and biking, they’ll be able to find something to keep them busy while you’re on the course.
Cons of staying at a golf resort:
- Can Be Crowded During peak times: Golf resorts can be quite crowded. This can make it difficult to get a tee time or find a spot on the course. It can also make the resort feel less relaxing.
- Can Be Expensive: Golf resorts can be pretty expensive, especially if you’re staying at a 5-star hotel or private villa. You’ll also find that the green fees at these resorts can be quite steep.
- May Not Be Family-Friendly: Some golf resorts can be quite stuffy and formal, which may not be ideal if you’re traveling with young children. You’ll also find that many of the activities and dining options at these resorts are geared towards adults.
- Can Be Isolated: Golf resorts are often located in remote areas, which can make them feel isolated. This can be a plus if you’re looking for a quiet getaway, but it can also be a negative if you’re looking for more of a social vacation.
7. Historic Resorts
A history resort is a resort that is built near historical and cultural sites such as ancient ruins, world heritage sites, national parks, and other such places. The resort may be designed to blend in with the surrounding area, or it may be designed to be a modern facility with all the amenities of a contemporary resort.
One of the first historic resort was built in Egypt in the early 20th century. It was called the Winter Palace Hotel, and it was built near the Great Pyramids of Giza. The hotel was designed to be a luxury resort, and it featured all the amenities of a modern resort, including a swimming pool, a golf course, and a spa.
The Winter Palace Hotel was so successful that other historic resorts were built in other parts of the world, including the United States, Europe, and Asia. Today, there are history resorts all over the world, and they are popular tourist destinations.
A history resort offers guests the opportunity to experience the history and culture of the area in which it is located. Guests can learn about the area’s history through guided tours, exhibits, and other educational opportunities. They can also enjoy the area’s natural beauty by hiking, biking, or kayaking.
A history resort is a great choice for a family vacation or a romantic getaway, they offer a variety of activities and amenities, and they are often located near other tourist attractions.
Pros of staying at a historic resort:
- You get to learn about and experience the history of the area in which the resort is located.
- Historic resorts often offer a variety of activities and amenities, such as guided tours of historical sites, museums, and other attractions.
- Access to historical archives is another common amenity at historic resorts.
- Families with children can find dedicated activities and amenities at many historic resorts, such as kid-friendly tours of historical sites, museums, and other attractions.
- Staying at a historic resort is a great way to support the local economy and tourism industry.
Cons of staying at a historic resort:
- Historic resorts can be expensive.
- They can also be crowded, especially during peak tourist seasons.
- Some people may find the history-focused activities and amenities offered at historic resorts to be boring.
- Historic resorts are often located in remote areas, which can make them difficult to get to.
- There is also the risk that some of the historical sites and attractions located near historic resorts may be closed or under construction.
8. Luxury Resorts
Luxury hotels are typically five-star or boutique hotels that offer an upscale experience and amenities. These hotels cater to business and leisure travelers who are looking for the best in service and accommodations.
Luxury hotels typically offer a wide range of services and amenities, from world-class restaurants to spa treatments and golf courses. Many luxury hotels also offer concierge services and 24-hour room service.
That being said, there are several factors that can make a resort luxurious. The first is the location. A luxury resort should be in a beautiful setting, such as a beachfront property or a resort nestled in the mountains. The second is the amenities. A luxury resort should offer its guests the best of everything. The third is the service. A luxury resort should have a staff that is attentive and very professional.
When choosing a luxury resort, it is important to consider the type of experience you are looking for. Some luxury resorts are geared towards families, while others are better suited for couples or groups of friends. It is also important to consider your budget. Luxury resorts can be expensive, so it is important to select one that fits within your budget.
Pros of staying at a luxury resort:
- High-end accommodations: Most luxury resorts offer guests 5-star or better accommodations.
- World-class service: Luxury resorts strive to provide their guests with the best possible service. This may include everything from 24-hour room service to a personal butler.
- Top-notch amenities: From spa services to gourmet dining, luxury resorts offer their guests the best of the best.
- Perfect for special occasions: Because of their luxurious nature, luxury resorts make the perfect setting for celebrating a honeymoon, anniversary, or any other special occasion.
- Ideal for couples: Luxury resorts are often geared towards couples, making them the perfect romantic getaway destination.
- Family-friendly options available: While most luxury resorts are better suited for adults, many of them also offer family-friendly amenities and activities. This makes them a great option for families looking for a high-end vacation experience.
- An unforgettable experience: Perhaps the best reason to stay at a luxury resort is for the unforgettable experience that it provides. Whether it’s the luxurious accommodations or the world-class service, a luxury resort is sure to make your vacation one to remember.
Cons of staying at a luxury resort:
- The main con of staying at a luxury resort is obviously the cost. Luxury resorts can be quite expensive, especially if you are staying for an extended period of time.
9. Medical Resorts
A medical resort is a facility that offers short-term medical care or treatment after a patient has been discharged from a hospital. They are usually for patients who no longer require hospitalization but are not yet ready to return home. Though oriented toward convalescence, the setting often offers the ambiance of an upscale extended-stay hotel or resort.
Common features of medical resorts include 24-hour nursing care, stroke rehabilitation, physical therapy, occupational therapy, and recuperation after surgeries.
In addition to providing convalescent care, medical resorts often offer recreational activities and amenities for their guests. These can include beautiful restaurants, spas, and fitness centers.
Pros of staying at a medical resort:
- There is typically a wide range of medical services available at medical resorts, which can include everything from preventive care to more intensive treatment options.
- Medical resorts often have a staff of highly trained and experienced medical professionals, which can give guests peace of mind knowing they are in good hands.
- Many medical resorts offer Luxury accommodations, which can make the overall experience more enjoyable and relaxing.
- Guests at medical resorts have access to a variety of amenities and activities which can promote healing and relaxation.
- The secluded location of many medical resorts can help guests feel removed from the stresses of daily life and promote relaxation.
- The intimate size of many medical resorts allows for a more personalized experience and care from the staff.
- The focus on healthy living at medical resorts can inspire guests to make positive changes in their own lives after they leave.
- Guests at medical resorts can take advantage of educational opportunities to learn more about healthy living and preventive care.
Cons of staying at a medical resort:
- The cost of staying at a medical resort can be quite high, especially if you need to stay for an extended period of time.
- You may feel isolated from the outside world while at a medical resort.
- The accommodations at a medical resort can be less than comfortable, and you may have to share a room with another patient.
- The restrictions placed on visitors at a medical resort can be quite strict, and you may feel cut off from your support system.
10. Mountain Resorts
A mountain resort is a place where people can go to enjoy the scenic beauty of mountains. They are often located in or near mountainous regions and offer a variety of amenities such as skiing, hiking, and camping.
Mountain resorts typically have a variety of accommodations, ranging from luxurious hotels to simple cabins.
People visit mountain resorts for many different reasons. Some are looking for a challenge, such as climbing a difficult peak. Others simply want to enjoy the beauty of the mountains and the fresh air. Regardless of the reason, mountain resorts offer a unique and memorable experience.
Pros of staying at a mountain resort:
- Staying at a mountain resort gives you the opportunity to get away from the hustle and bustle of city life and relax in a more natural setting.
- Mountain resorts are typically located in scenic areas, so you can enjoy beautiful views during your stay.
- Staying at a mountain resort can be a great way to experience new and different activities, such as hiking, rock climbing, or skiing.
- Mountain resorts typically have fewer people and are less crowded than other vacation destinations, so you can enjoy a more peaceful and relaxed atmosphere.
- Mountain resorts are typically located in areas with fresh air and clean water, so you can enjoy the benefits of being in nature.
- Most mountain resorts offer activities and programming for children, so the whole family can enjoy their vacation.
- Mountain resorts often have a casual atmosphere, so you can feel comfortable and relaxed during your stay.
- Staying at a mountain resort is a great way to disconnect from your everyday life and create lasting memories with your friends or family.
Cons of staying at a mountain resort:
- Expensive: mountain resorts can be quite expensive.
- Isolation: depending on the location of the resort, you may find yourself quite isolated from the outside world.
- Limited activities: many mountain resorts don’t offer a lot in terms of activities, so you may find yourself bored if you’re not a fan of skiing or hiking.
- Bad weather: the weather can be quite unpredictable in mountainous regions, so you may find yourself stuck indoors more often than you’d like.
- Difficult to access: some mountain resorts can be quite difficult to get to, especially if you don’t have your own transportation.
- Accommodation can be basic: don’t expect luxury accommodation at many mountain resorts, as they tend to be quite basic.
- Limited food options: your food choices may be quite limited at a mountain resort, so you may get sick of eating the same thing every day.
- Language barriers – if you don’t speak the local language, you may find it difficult to communicate with staff and other guests at the resort. (But that’s also true for any other type of resort)
11. Ski Resorts
A ski resort is a place where people go skiing or snowboarding on the slopes. These resorts usually have a village with hotels and restaurants, and sometimes other amenities like a spa. Ski resorts can obviously be found in mountainous areas in cold climates all around the world.
What sets ski resorts apart from other types of resorts is the focus on winter sports like skiing and snowboarding. Ski resorts usually have slopes of different levels to accommodate skiers and snowboarders of all skill levels, as well as ski lifts to help people get up the slopes. In addition to skiing and snowboarding, many ski resorts also offer other winter activities like ice skating, sledding, and snowmobiling.
People love staying at ski resorts because of the opportunity to spend time outdoors in the snow and enjoy the winter scenery. Ski resorts are also a great place to socialize and meet new people, as many people who stay at ski resorts are there to have fun and enjoy the company of others.
Ski resorts are also a great place for families with children, as there are often dedicated areas for beginners and children with smaller slopes and shorter lift lines. In addition, many ski resorts offer daycare services and other activities specifically for kids.
Pros of staying at a ski resort:
- Ski resorts tend to be located in picturesque mountain regions, providing stunning scenery to enjoy both on and off the slopes.
- Staying at a ski resort usually means having access to a wide variety of ski trails and other winter activities, so there’s always something new to try.
- Most ski resorts offer excellent accommodation and facilities, making your stay comfortable and enjoyable.
- Ski resorts are typically well-equipped with all the necessary equipment and supplies for a great day on the slopes, so you don’t have to worry about bringing your own.
- Experienced and friendly staff at ski resorts are usually happy to help out newcomers or give advice on the best trails to take.
- Ski resorts often have other amenities such as multiple restaurants and shops conveniently located nearby, so you don’t have to go far to find something to do.
- Some ski resorts offer special packages that include lift tickets, equipment rental, and lessons, so it’s easy to get started even if you’ve never been skiing before.
- A ski resort vacation can be a great way to spend time with family and friends, bonding over shared experiences on the slopes.
- There’s nothing quite like the feeling of carving up fresh powder on a beautiful winter day, and a ski resort is the best place to do it.
Cons of staying at a ski resort:
- Cost: Ski resorts can be quite expensive, though there usually are cheaper options and cheap packages.
- Weather: Similar to mountain resorts, the weather can be unpredictable at ski resorts. If it is too warm, the snow will not be good for skiing. If it is too cold, it may be uncomfortable to be outside.
- Crowds: Ski resorts can be very crowded, especially on weekends and during holidays. This can make it difficult to get around and enjoy your time.
- Limited Activities: While there are typically many things to do at a ski resort, they are often limited to activities that revolve around skiing and snowboarding. If you are not interested in those activities, you may get bored quickly.
- Exhaustion: Skiing and snowboarding can be tiring activities. If you are not used to being active for long periods of time, you may find yourself feeling exhausted at the end of the day.
12. Religious Resorts
A religious resort is a hotel or a resort where people can stay to experience and learn about a particular religion. These resorts often have religious buildings on-site, as well as staff who can teach about the religion.
Religious resorts differ from other types of resorts in that they typically offer religious services and amenities such as prayer rooms, religious books and DVDs, and religious counselors. Some religious resorts also offer special activities and programs for families with children.
People love staying at religious resorts because they offer a unique opportunity to learn about a different religion or to deepen their understanding of their own faith. For families with children, religious resorts often offer dedicated activities and amenities that help families connect with each other and with the religion.
Pros of staying at a religious resort:
- Religious resorts help you connect with your faith and your spiritual side.
- They offer opportunities for religious study and contemplation.
- They are generally located in picturesque settings.
- There is usually a sense of community at religious resorts.
- They can offer a more affordable vacation than other types of resorts.
- Religious resorts often have a relaxed and peaceful atmosphere.
- They are great for families who want to vacation together while still respecting each other’s beliefs.
- They can be a fun and interesting cultural experience.
- Religious resorts can be a great way to meet like-minded people.
Cons of staying at a religious resort:
- You may not be able to find spiritual services or programming that is in line with your specific beliefs.
- There may be a lot of rules and restrictions in place that can make your stay less comfortable or enjoyable.
- You may feel out of place or unwelcome if you are not a member of the religion that the resort follows, although that’s usually not the case.
- The atmosphere at a religious resort may be more serious or somber than you are looking for on a vacation.
- The food options may be more limited at a religious resort since they will likely follow specific dietary guidelines.
- There may be less nightlife or social activities available at a religious resort due to the nature of the environment.
- You may feel pressure to participate in religious activities or services even if you are not comfortable with them.
- There could be a general feeling of being “watched” or monitored while staying at a religious resort, which can be unsettling.
13. Spa Resorts
A Spa resort is a type of resort that focuses on providing its guests with a relaxing and rejuvenating experience. This typically includes access to a variety of spa services, as well as amenities like pools, fitness facilities, and comfortable accommodations.
Spa resorts differ from other types of resorts in that they are typically smaller and more intimate, and they focus on providing a relaxing and luxurious experience for their guests. Activities and amenities at spa resorts often revolve around the spa facilities and include things like massages, facials, and body treatments.
People love staying at spa resorts because they offer a chance to escape the stresses of everyday life and unwind in a luxurious and relaxing setting.
Families with children can find dedicated activities and amenities at many spa resorts, such as kids’ clubs, family-friendly pools, and kid-friendly spa treatments.
Pros of staying at a spa resort:
- You can relax and rejuvenate in a serene and beautiful setting.
- Most spa resorts offer a variety of services and amenities, such as massage therapies, facials, and other treatments, so you can customize your experience.
- Experienced and professional staff can help you choose the right treatments to suit your needs.
- Plenty of activities and events are usually offered, so you can stay busy or take some time to yourself.
- You can often find spa resorts that offer special rates or packages, making them more affordable.
- Most spa resorts are located in beautiful settings, so you can enjoy the surroundings as well.
- Spa resorts make an excellent getaway for couples, families, or groups of friends.
Cons of staying at a spa resort:
- Expensive: spa resorts can be quite expensive, especially if you book lots of services and treatments.
- Crowded: many spa resorts can be quite crowded, especially during peak times, which means you may have to wait a long time for your treatment.
- Not all treatments are available: some spa resorts only offer certain treatments, so you may not be able to get the service you want.
- Limited opening hours: some spa resorts have limited opening hours, so you may not be able to use the facilities when you want to.
- The food can be expensive: the food at many spa resorts can be quite expensive.
14. Tennis Resorts
A tennis resort is a type of resort that is specifically geared towards tennis players and enthusiasts. Tennis resorts typically offer a variety of different tennis-related activities and amenities, such as tennis clinics, private lessons, and court rentals. Many also offer other activities and amenities such as golf, swimming, and spa services.
People usually go to tennis resorts because they offer a great opportunity to improve their game in a relaxed and fun environment. Additionally, tennis resorts usually have a wide variety of other activities and amenities that can be enjoyed by the whole family.
In short, people love staying at tennis resorts because they offer a complete vacation experience, with plenty of activities for everyone in the family. Kids can participate in junior tennis programs, while adults can enjoy playing tennis or take some time for themselves.
Pros of staying at a tennis resort:
- A tennis resort is a great place to stay if you want to improve your game.
- The staff at a tennis resort are usually very knowledgeable and can help you with your technique.
- Tennis resorts have a variety of courts that you can use, so you can practice your game on different surfaces.
- Tennis resorts often have excellent facilities, so you can enjoy your time there even if you’re not playing tennis.
- The food at a tennis resort is often very good, as they cater to the needs of athletes.
- Tennis resorts usually have a great atmosphere, and you can meet other people who share your love of the game.
- Tennis resorts are a great place to unwind and relax, as there are usually plenty of activities on offer.
- The accommodation at a tennis resort is usually of a high standard.
- Tennis resorts are often located in beautiful settings, so you can enjoy the scenery as well as the tennis.
- A tennis resort is the perfect place to combine your love of tennis with a relaxing holiday.
Cons of staying at a tennis resort:
- Limited choice of activities: you may get bored of playing tennis all day every day if that’s all that your resort offers.
- Cost: a tennis resort can be an expensive place to stay, especially if you are paying for private lessons.
- Weather: if the weather is bad, you may not be able to play tennis at all.
- Busy: the tennis courts may be too crowded, making it difficult to get a game.
- Injuries: you may be more likely to pick up an injury from playing tennis. Be careful!
- Pressure: there may be an atmosphere of pressure to perform well and win at a tennis resort. Relax and don’t forget you’re here to play and enjoy your vacation.
15. Dude Ranches
A dude ranch is a guest ranch where visitors can experience the cowboy lifestyle and participate in ranch activities.
Dude ranches differ from other types of resorts in that they focus on offering guests a unique and authentic western experience.
Activities and amenities available at dude ranches can include horseback riding, hiking, fishing, and rodeos. Some dude ranches also offer special programs for children, such as junior wrangler programs.
Pros of staying at a dude ranch:
- Dude ranches provide an all-inclusive vacation experience, so everything from your room and board to your activities are covered in one price.
- Dude ranches offer a true taste of the Western experience, from horseback riding and roping lessons to campfire cookouts and square dancing.
- You can unplug and unwind at a dude ranch, as most do not have television or Internet access. This is the perfect opportunity to disconnect from technology and reconnect with nature.
- Dude ranches are located in some of the most scenic areas of the country, so you can enjoy beautiful views while you relax.
- A dude ranch vacation is a great way to bond with your family or friends, as you’ll be spending a lot of time together enjoying the activities and amenities the ranch has to offer.
- With all of the activities available at a dude ranch, you’re sure to work up an appetite! And you’ll be pleased to know that most ranches offer delicious, home-cooked meals made with fresh, local ingredients.
- Dude ranches are known for their friendly and welcoming staff who will go above and beyond to make sure you have a great vacation.
- And finally, one of the best things about a dude ranch vacation is that it provides you with a chance to truly relax and recharge away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
Cons of staying at a dude ranch:
- There is very little privacy as everyone is living in close quarters and guests may also have to share bathrooms and other facilities with other guests
- There is a lot of hard work involved in running a ranch and guests may be expected to help out.
- The weather can be extreme and challenging, especially in the summer months.
- There are often many rules and regulations to follow while staying at a dude ranch.
- Pets are usually not allowed, which can be a problem for families with animals.
- There may be a lack of modern amenities and comforts that city dwellers are used to.
- There may be an overwhelming number of people to interact with, especially if guests are not used to being around large groups.
- There is a danger of getting injured while participating in ranch activities or simply due to the nature of the environment.
Types of Resorts: Frequently Asked Questions
Now that you know the different types of resorts, you can choose the one that is most geared toward your next vacation. For example, if you want a relaxing vacation, you might want to choose a spa resort. Or, if you are looking for an active vacation, you might want to choose a tennis resort or a ski resort. Whichever type of resort you choose, make sure it is the best fit for your vacation needs.
Keep browsing our website for more travel tips and travel guides. Start here!