I recommend at least 7 days to visit Paris and enjoy it; check my article on How long to stay in Paris.
For those of you looking to visit Paris in a shorter time-frame, you may be a little overwhelmed with how much there is to see in the city while only having a limited time to do it all.
I guarantee you that even if all you did on your trip to Paris was sip a latte at a Parisian Café, the city of Paris would captivate your heart.
Though it might be a jam-packed three days, if you are looking to see as much of the city as you can, here is the perfect Paris 3 days itinerary to see it all!
What Can You Do in Paris in 3 Days?
Day 1 in Paris
The perfect first day in Paris should be filled with some of the iconic landmarks at the top of your list.
Paris architecture is absolutely breathtaking with all its character and charm.
The major landmarks are no different. With all their ornate detail and beauty, you will find they are better than you could have imagined.
Here are the ideal stops for day one of your Paris adventure:
- Arc de Triomphe duration 1h/1h30 – The Arc de Triomphe is known to many as just a beautiful arched landmark circled by a roundabout in the road. However, on a deeper level, under the arch is the home to the unknown soldier. You can learn the history of the arch and go up to the top for a beautiful view.
- Avenue des Champs-Elysées duration 2h/3h – This beautifully landscaped strip is a great place to stroll along and it is filled with shops and restaurants. The Champs Elysées runs from the Arc De Triomphe to the Place de la Concorde.
- Eiffel Tower duration 1h30/2h30 – Whether you decide to visit during the day or night, the Eiffel Tower won’t disappoint. Standing at 1063 feet, the Eiffel Tower is the one place you can’t miss while in Paris. It is beautiful to look at, but more impressive are the views it provides of the city. It is simply unparalleled to anything else.
- Bateaux Mouches (Seine River Cruise) duration 1h/2h – Finish off the day by enjoying the sites along the Seine River. You can sit back and relax on a sunset river cruise where you can see the beautiful sites of Paris by water as the Seine winds its way through the city. It really is a romantic and one of a kind experience.
Day 2 in Paris
A great way to spend your second day is by immersing yourself in some of the unique beauty of Paris.
Paris, one the most visited cities in the world, is known to be home to world-renowned artwork, beautiful gardens, and enchanting architecture.
Your second day in Paris will bring all these aspects to Paris alive.
Here are the perfect stops for your second day in the city:
- Notre-Dame Cathedral duration 1h/2h – Located in the exact center of Paris is the Notre-Dame Cathedral. Through recent events, the Notre-Dame Cathedral is current closed for renovations. Even though you will not be able to tour the stunning Catholic Church, you can still stop by and take in its beauty from the outside.
- Musée du Louvre duration 3h/5h – The bulk of your day will be spent at the Louvre. With it being the world’s largest museum, there will be more for you to see than you will likely even have time for. Here you will get to see the iconic Louvre Pyramid, the Mona Lisa and so many other amazing pieces of art.
- Luxembourg Garden duration 1h/1h30 – For a calming touch on your second day, the Luxembourg Gardens will provide the perfect escape. It is filled with incredible landscaping, a beautiful fountain to sit by and quaint pathways to walk through and enjoy your beautiful surroundings.
Day 3 in Paris
On your third and final day in Paris, you may be up for a little further travel to see some key pieces of Paris History.
Through these places you will not only find Paris history, but also a look into Parisian culture.
Here are 2 locations for your third day in Paris that will really open your eyes to the heart of the city:
- Versailles duration 3h/5h – Though a little bit far from the city itself, the Palace and Gardens of Versailles are worth the drive (or the train ride). They are absolutely stunning and will have you in awe. The Palace was home to French Royalty and is a work of art itself. The Gardens are simply remarkable and could be explored for days. This is where you will spend the bulk of your day, so you will want to arrive early.
- Montmartre duration 1h/2h – This area of Paris is the perfect spot to end your day. It is a quaint picturesque area with little boutiques and cafes to explore. Here you will also find the home to Sacre-Coeur and the cancan dancers at the Moulin Rouge. This is one of the areas of the city that really captures the Parisian art scene.
Quick Tips for 3 Days in Paris
When picking out where you will be staying, keep in mind the duration of your visit.
With just staying in Paris for three days, you will want to avoid one the most stupid Paris travel mistakes and to stay in the center of the city.
This will allow you to have easier and quicker access to all the sites.
For perfect transportation options, stay close to one of these metro stations: Chatelet Les Halles, Saint Michel Notre Dame, Etoile, Haussmann Saint Lazare, Montparnasse-Bienvenüe, or Denfert Rochereau.
While hitting all the highlights of Paris and exploring the city make sure to take the time and stop at some patisseries, cafes, and restaurants.
It is the perfect way to people watch, enjoy the scenery and eat some delicious food!
The Parisians take great pride in their food and it shows. You will have some of the most delectable fine quality cuisines during your stay in Paris.
The easiest way to get around the city is through public transportation.
They always say, do as the locals do and Paris offers great public transportation options from the metro to buses and trains.
It allows for cost-effective quick access to all the places you will want to visit and you won’t need to worry about parking.
During your three-day trip, you will want to keep in mind that Paris is divided into twenty arrondissements. These are different districts or sections to the city.
With traveling to Paris for a short time, planning your travel with the arrondissements will help to see as much as you can in that section of the city so you are not wasting too much of your time traveling and can spend more time exploring.